GISP2 Data Exchange Agreement
November 3, 1989
The location of the data repository will either be the SMO or the NSIDC in Boulder and recommendations on a decision will be made by the Executive Committee.
- All GISP2 data will be freely available to all GISP2 participants1.
- Any significant use2 of another GISP2 participantŐs unpublished data requires permission of the participant; the other participant should be consulted and involved at the earliest point possible.
- A pre-abstract of any work to be submitted must be sent to the SMO before submission for distribution to all participants via OMNET personal mailboxes.
- Failure to abide by 1 - 3, or to release data in a timely fashion, will result in censure by the Executive Committee and the Advisory Committee.
- All data will be available to the public for use without permission3 at a point two years from the end of deep drilling.
- Any GISP2 participant may exchange their own data with colleagues outside of GISP2 on an individual basis, but may not share other GISP2 participantsŐ data unless they follow number 2 above and directly specify usage.
- GISP2 participants are defined as any person named on a GISP2 proposal or graduate student working on GISP2 directly under a GISP2 PI. A Participant may also be anybody who applies to the Executive Committee and is accepted by them.
- Determination of significant use left to all our good judgement.
- Involvement of the other participant is still strongly preferred.