Guidelines and Responsibilities for PechaKucha Presentations
Presenters are to:
- Submit a complete application (including the Abstract) by the extended deadline: Saturday, January 31st, 2015
- Prepare a 20 x 20 PechaKucha presentation. That is 20 PowerPoint slides, one slide/20 seconds on an automatic timer. For a total of 6 minutes 40 seconds.
- Be present for their entire scheduled PechaKucha session.
- Have their completed PowerPoint presentation submitted to the GradExpo no later than 4:30 p.m. Monday, March 30th .
- All PowerPoints must be PC compatible that is able to display correctly on a PC. Hints: Save all PowerPoints as *.ppt not *.pptx and embed all images as JPEGS. Test your PowerPoint on a PC before you submit it. Bring your PowerPoint on a flashdrive for the day of your presentation.
- PowerPoints of less than 22MB may be emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- PowerPoints larger than 22MB must be placed on a DVD and delivered to the GSG office no later than 4:30 p.m. Monday, March 30th.
The faculty sponsors should verify that the proposed project:
- Qualifies as research as defined by the faculty sponsor’s discipline.
- Could be ready for presentation at the GradExpo.
- Has followed the appropriate ethical guidelines.
- Provide guidance to their student(s) about presenting a project. This would include feedback and recommendations about:
- Oral presentation
- Timed PowerPoint presentation.
- Has a well written abstract prior to submission as it will appear in the Program Proceedings
The PechaKucha (Pe-Chalk-A-Cha) sessions will be judged by the audience. After the session starts each speaker will be introduced. Once the go button is pressed by the moderator the speaker starts and the slides change automatically every 20 seconds – up until the last slide for a total of 6 minutes and 40 seconds. Once you finish there will be a one minute period between presentations – etc.
Check out the PechaKucha.org site. It has examples of award winning PechaKucha.
UPDATED February 1st, 2015