The deadline for all Spring 2016 grants is Friday, February 12th, at 4 PM EST.
If you missed our Spring Grants Workshop, here is a copy of the presentation: Spring GSG Grants Workshop Presentation.
To apply for a Spring 2016 grant, click here
The specifics of whether your proposed use of funds is covered under a GSG grant are in the GSG Standing Rules, Section V. B. GSG Research Grants. I strongly advise that you also look at the application instructions for more detailed information. Each department must have a GSG representative attend at least 75% of the GSG Senate meetings during the current and previous semesters to qualify for funding. To find out the name of the representative of your department please refer to the 2013-2014 GSG representatives on our meetings page.
Applicants for reimbursement of expenses incurred in the semester(s) prior to the current grants cycle are required to submit an expense report with original receipts. These should be submitted before the grants application deadline. If you do not have all original receipts, then your application is not for reimbursement.
Contact the GSG Grants Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Only answers from the GSG Grants Officer can be construed as a binding determination.
Frequently Asked Questions
A list of common questions and their respective answers are provided to help clarify the GSG grants process.
Individual Grants FAQs
Sample Grant Applications
Some sample, successful grant applications are listed below for your use. Be advised that these are only supplied as a reference and should not be considered a template for success.
- Degree Related- Ecology and Environmental Sciences
- Degree Related- Forest Resources
- Degree Related- Physics and Astronomy
- Degree Related- Psychology
- Travel to Present- Anthropology
- Travel to Present- Earth and Climate Sciences
- Travel to Present- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Travel to Present- Marine Sciences
- Degree Related – Earth and Climate Sciences
- Degree Related – Ecology and Environmental Sciences
- Degree Related – History
- Degree Related – Interdisciplinary PhD
- Travel to Present – Chemistry
- Travel to Present – Intermedia
- Travel to Present – Marine Sciences
- Travel to Present – Mechanical Engineering
Other Sources of Funding
Some alternate funding sources are listed below. The listing of these sources doesn’t imply any sort of endorsement by GSG. Other funding sources are also available, and it is best to learn about alternate sources of funding through your advisor or department.
- National Center For Environmental Research
- Sigma Xi
- National Science Foundation
- UMaine Biological Sciences
Sample Expense Report
Sample Final Letter
Contact the GSG Grants Officer (email@example.com) with any questions.
Last updated February 9, 2016