University of Maine Research Knowledge Repository
The UMaine knowledge repository, using the BSCW (Basic Support for Collaborative Work) system can be accessed by clicking BSCW here.
Basic Instructions for Using BSCW:
- Click the "Getting Started" button at the top of the page.
- Click the "Register" link in the center of the that page.
- Once registered, you can log in by clicking on the "Workspaces" button at the top of the page.
- Once in the system, you will see two sets of icons near the top of the window. While it is pretty easy to play with the different icons, the easiest way to learn to use BSCW is to click on the "Help" button above the icons.
- A few tips: The "Options" button to the left of the "Help" button allows you to change your profile, set your "Level" to "Expert", change your password, etc. Another tip is to click on the right arrow to the far right of each folder. This opens the "Action" buttons and allows you to easily work with your folders, add versioning and other useful features.
If you have any questions about using BSCW or suggestions that could be used to improve the portal, feel free to email the Portal Development Supervisor, Professor Nory Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope that you enjoy your stay here with us at the knowledge portal. Happy Browsing!
-The Knowledge Portal Team