Photo gallery Page 1 Page 2 Page 3

Date:   November 18th, 2006
Location:   McMurdo Station
Latitude:   77 degrees, 51 minutes South
Longitude:   166 degrees, 40 minutes East
Temperature:   −7°C (19°F)
Wind Speed:   6 knots
Wind Chill:   −12°C (10°F)
Elevation:   34 meters
Written by:   Dan D.

Weather Delays

The weather has deteriorated further today, all flights in and out of Taylor Dome have been put on hold indefinitely. The team members in McMurdo spent much of the morning at Science Cargo, putting gear into the system. Brian provided yet another shopping list during the morning check-in and we all had a planning meeting at the Chalet before lunch

As we were eating lunch, guess who should walk up and say hello? It was Steve Arcone, our long-lost last member of the team. His flight from Christchurch had touched down safely during a lull in the weather, but he still did not have any of his luggage.

McMurdo Flight Ops do not operate on Sunday, so if the Taylor Dome flights do not take off today we will have to wait until Monday. Now we play the waiting game.